Monday 29 April 2013

389




It is my mum's birthday today. I think I've inherited her love for tulips.
The recently renewed Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam's most famous museum, has been so very kind to digitalize all their works in incredibly high resolution. I've been having a lot of fun, roaming through their collection and zooming in as much as I can and in this way creating new art works again. Please do yourself a favour and start exploring online (but also visit the museum of course, if you can.. I can't wait to do so myself).

one, three, five - "Tulpen aus Amsterdam", by me in my room in Hamburg, 2013
two - Anna van Oostenrijk (1601-1666), Peter Paul Rubens, 1625 - 1626. [link]
four - Stilleven met bloemen in een glazen vaas, Jan Davidsz. de Heem, 1650-1683 [link]
six - Bloemen, anoniem, 1700-1799 [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment